Cryptocurrency specialists and developers, as well as cryptography enthusiasts of all ages are invited to join us for ErgoHack VII!
Cryptocurrency specialists and developers, as well as cryptography enthusiasts of all ages are invited to join us for ErgoHack VII.
Regardless of your training and/or specialty in crypto, we want to hear from you! The most important thing is that you have an active interest in blockchain technologies.
Hosted by the Ergo Foundation, ErgoHack VII encourages teams to develop solutions for the mass adoption of blockchain technologies as they relate to cyberpunk finance. The projects developed during ErgoHack VII will have the opportunity to then be implemented within the expanding Ergo ecosystem.
As a participant, you will have the opportunity to learn and share the knowledge of our leading blockchain experts through Ask-Me-Anythings and discord channels. Our ErgoHack VII team will strive to encourage you and to help you further your skills and abilities as crypto developers.
As you prepare for ErgoHack VII, we also advise you to explore the resources on ErgoDocs.
Solo participants or teams of two to five people are allowed to participate in ErgoHack VII. If you are interested but do not yet have a team, there are “i-need-a-team” and “Idea-incubator” chatrooms in discord that can assist you.
Suggested Participant Prerequisites
You can write the off-chain part of your application in any language on Ergo. The most established languages with mature SDKs are
Getting Started with ErgoScript
Suggested Ideas for ErgoHack VII
- Research in hardening Proof of Work & Layer 2
- Hardware wallets & Cold wallets
- Physical Erg coins
- P2P financial instruments
- Community Finance
- Improving on-and off-ramp (Bisq-like contracts)
- Minimizing trust in cross-chain and off-chain solutions
- Experiments in tokenomics
- Degen finance
- Integrations (e.g. Trust wallet’s C++ integration code)
- replace physical coins => real-world payment solutions (physical coins, SMS and USSD payments), Degen Finance => new version
- Degen Finance (Auction coin, HodlCoin variants etc)
- improving privacy (incentivization of liquidity provision for mixing protocols etc)
- Incentivization protocol for mixing (where ones providing liquidity for ones who willing to mix quick). E.g. similar to JoinMarket for Bitcoin
- Mixing on Layer2
- Add Ergo support to TrustWallet’s WalletCore engine (C/C++) , see link
- Blockly-based visual editor for ErgoScript (at least for complex sigs during the ErgoHack)
- New stablecoin designs
- ErgoScript Language Server Protocol